Deutsches Mike Oldfield Forum
 Chat Portal Zur Startseite Registrierung Kalender Mitgliederliste Teammitglieder Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen

Deutsches Mike Oldfield Forum » Mike Oldfields Welt » Mikes musikalisches Umfeld » The PSO » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen The PSO  
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Oldfield Oldfield ist männlich
endings are just beginnings

images/avatars/avatar-492.jpg

The PSO Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Da wir noch keinen wirklichen eigenen Thread dazu haben und es interessante Neuigkeiten gibt, wird es nun langsam mal Zeit:
Phil Spalding hat mit ein paar Weggefährten eine "Cover"-Band names "The PSO" auf die Beine gestellt, um Mikes Musik der Crises- und der Discovery-Tour zu spielen. Die News gibt es meist auf Facebook und da wir ja einige Leute hier haben, die dort nicht vertreten sind, kann man das ja mal hier teilen.

Der Vollständigkeit halber hier die mir bisher bekannten Threads dazu:
Phil Spalding und Belle Erskine
Phil Spalding Konzert

Nun soll es wohl bald eine Tour und auch ein Album geben, dazu u.a. folgende Infos von Facebook (das sind nicht alle Einträge von deren FB-Seite):
Zitat:
Hanging with my brother in arms JAY STAPLEY going through the recordings from the PSO gig at THE CUTLERS ARMS in ROTHERHAM last August. It looks like we can now produce TWO albums from the available recordings. I must say that we managed to achieve a UNIQUE interpretation of MIKE OLDFIELD'S music; the sound is far more like a ROCK band which we're very pleased about. That was the aim in the first place ... to get our own SOUND on the material, not to reproduce it note for note like the original recordings. BELLE ERSKINE had a monumental task in singing the songs and I reckon that HER outcome is nothing short of AMAZING !!! There'll be more news about live shows shortly but, be sure, we'll be on the road, LIVE AND KICKING SOON !
THANKS IN ABUNDANCE JAY STAPLEY, HERVE KOSTER and BELLE ERSKINE ... Thank you all the fans from far and wide for your support .. MUCH LOVE The PSO and all the team xXxXx

Zitat:
WE PRESENT THE FIRST OF 'THE PSO PRESENTS REDISCOVERY' AT JUBILEE CENTRAL, KINGSTON UPON HULL ON SEPTEMBER 17TH 2020 ... This is the first of a short run of shows before Christmas. There are another SIX shows in place which I'll post when I've got a decent enough poster together BUT there will be shows following on the 18th, 19th and 20th on this little run. Thanks to GARY MARKS from WRECKING BALL MUSIC, JONTI WILLIS and DAVE HILL ... Tickets available now folks. We'll be presenting most of the MO show that wasn't brought to the UK in 1984 (for tax exile reasons), based on BOTH the CRISES and DISCOVERY albums. SEE YOU THERE !!! Belle Erskine, Herve Koster, Jay Stapley and me, Phil Spalding ... HERE WE GO !!!!! The PSO and Gang !!

Zitat:
UPDATE ON PSO DATES SEPTEMBER 2020

The PSO performs REDISCOVERY featuring CRISES, DISCOVERY and MORE ....

17th September Jubilee Church Hull
18th September The Platform, Morecambe
19th September The Cluny, Newcastle
20th September The Green Hotel in Kinross

TICKETING INFORMATION WILL AVAILABLE SHORTLY. We are at the moment also negotiating an intimate gig before these official gigs, probably on the 16th, which will serve as a warm up for us (and for you !!) in a South Yorkshire venue to be confirmed . We'll let you know as soon as WE KNOW but it'll be 'first come first served' as it's likely to be a very, very small and intimate gig indeed. There will be updated/new merchandise along with a CD for sale taken from the recording of the Rotherham gig last August. The venues will be set up as theatre settings (seating) for your comfort and the best way to listen to this fabulous material. I CAN'T WAIT (Phil) !!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS POST IS A LITTLE HEADS UP FOR EVERYONE BEFORE WE PRODUCE THE OFFICIAL POSTER WITH ALL THE USUAL BLURB ON IT. I KNOW YOU GUYS NEED AS MUCH NOTICE AS POSSIBLE HENCE THIS 'UNOFFICIAL' PERSONAL POST.

There will be more info coming soon on similar pre-Christmas shows for the south of England (and Wales if we can get the right venues) SO WE ROCK !! See you all there (somewhere) BELLE Belle Erskine, JAY Jay Stapley, HERVE Herve Koster and ME Phil Spalding !!! LOVE N HUGS The PSO xXxXxXx

Zitat:
Morning folks ... We thought it was about time we started to dribble out some bits n pieces of promo in advance of the the shows we're arranging for later on in the year so here's our very first effort at a video clip; our version of Mike Oldfield's Moonlight Shadow. Very kindly filmed and edited by our friend and Oldfield aficionado ROBERT REED ... Filmed and recorded at the original TILEHOUSE STUDIOS in DENHAM where I helped Mike to make the original in 1983. HOPE YOU LIKE IT !!! Belle Erskine is one to watch .. there's a lot more coming this way ... Much Love X PS and The PSO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go-epkDEkvo

und ganz frisch vor 15 Minuten
Zitat:
A little bit of a secret BUT we don't want it completely secret ... SO ... before the start of our short SEPT tour (all details to be announced shortly) I can tell you there'll be an exclusive MEET N GREET GIG at CUBLEY HALL on WEDNESDAY 16th SEPTEMBER (www.cubleyhall.co.uk) where fans will be able to purchase tickets WITH A ROOM (if desired) and all the other various bits n bobs that come with a meet n greet gig. Up close and personal, even BREAKFAST WITH THE BAND !!! There'll be a 120 person 'seated' capacity, maybe some standing room but it'll be a nice and 'sweaty' club style gig !!! REDISCOVERY is the official name of the tour which means that most music will be from the CRISES and DISCOVERY albums with the other usual bits and pieces. Please spread the word ... official details available shortly and The PSO website will be up and running in about TWO weeks time. Much love ... Excuse me while I geet this 'WHO' business finished today !!! PSxXxXx

Zu den Einträgen gibt es immer noch ein paar Bilder, aber die möchte ich ehrlich gesagt nicht alle rüberkopieren.

Ich finde, das klingt alles recht interessant und ich hoffe, die Truppe kommt auch mal nach Deutschland.

MfG Tim

14.02.2020 12:36 Oldfield ist offline E-Mail an Oldfield senden Beiträge von Oldfield suchen Nehmen Sie Oldfield in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hergest Björn Hergest Björn ist männlich
Crises

images/avatars/avatar-846.jpg

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Danke Tim!

Also ich habe ihn bei facebook mal gefragt, ob er neulich in Deutschland war um sich nach möglichen Locations für ein The PSO Konzert umzusehen. Seine Antwort war "yes!" Also anscheinend versucht er es zumindest.

14.02.2020 15:08 Hergest Björn ist offline E-Mail an Hergest Björn senden Beiträge von Hergest Björn suchen Nehmen Sie Hergest Björn in Ihre Freundesliste auf Fügen Sie Hergest Björn in Ihre Kontaktliste ein
Oldfield Oldfield ist männlich
endings are just beginnings

images/avatars/avatar-492.jpg

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Phil hat gestern mal wieder was interessantes bei FB geschrieben, nachdem The PSO ja neulich erst ein Konzert gespielt haben:

Zitat:
I’d like to announce that the PSO are constructing a tour, whether it be before Christmas or not we don’t know yet but I have a business manager who can take the weight of trying to manage everything business wise, off my shoulders so I can concentrate on the music. The touring list as it stands includes Southampton, Milton Keynes, Doncaster, Grimsby, Bristol, Horsham, Watford, Coventry, Newcastle, Oxford and loads more I can’t think of right now … OH … and the 50th Anniversary Celebration for Tubular Bells. Just letting you know we’re putting a proper tour together. The DISCOVERY TOUR LIVES ON !!!
I sincerely hope we can get around and spread this beautiful music to all those who want to hear it. MORE NEWS TO COME AS AND WHEN I GET IT !!! Love ❤️ and blessings from me and THE PSO

Von Deutschland ist erstmal keine Rede, aber offensichtlich gibt es (von wem und in welcher Form auch immer) eine Veranstaltung zum 50. von Tubular Bells, wo sie auftreten...

MfG Tim

28.09.2022 07:44 Oldfield ist offline E-Mail an Oldfield senden Beiträge von Oldfield suchen Nehmen Sie Oldfield in Ihre Freundesliste auf
ralle ralle ist männlich
Amarok

images/avatars/avatar-131.jpg

Diese Veranstaltung zu 50 Jahre TB, damit ist aber nicht die bereits bekannte Veranstaltung gemeint? Denn die geht ja auch auf Tour im kommenden Frühjahr.
28.09.2022 08:03 ralle ist offline E-Mail an ralle senden Beiträge von ralle suchen Nehmen Sie ralle in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hergest Björn Hergest Björn ist männlich
Crises

images/avatars/avatar-846.jpg

Wäre ja lustig. PSO als Vorband Augenzwinkern

28.09.2022 13:38 Hergest Björn ist offline E-Mail an Hergest Björn senden Beiträge von Hergest Björn suchen Nehmen Sie Hergest Björn in Ihre Freundesliste auf Fügen Sie Hergest Björn in Ihre Kontaktliste ein
Tarantoga Tarantoga ist männlich
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-760.jpg

Crises und Discovery mal live erleben ... dafür würde ich wohl einige Kilometer Anfahrt in Kauf nehmen herzbubbern

Auch, wenn die Anfahrt bei den aktuellen Sprit-Kosten wahrscheinlich teurer wird, als die Eintrittskarte Augenzwinkern

Ich würde mich freuen, weitere News hier zu lesen, da ich FB mittlerweile auch nur noch sehr selten besuche.

29.09.2022 09:56 Tarantoga ist offline E-Mail an Tarantoga senden Homepage von Tarantoga Beiträge von Tarantoga suchen Nehmen Sie Tarantoga in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Dr. Lothar Jahn Dr. Lothar Jahn ist männlich
Crises

Jay Stapley Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Jay Stapley hat die Band verlassen, Grund sind Auskunft persönliche Differenzen zwischen Phil und ihm. Er will in Zukunft aber weiter Oldfieldmusik machen, bei Projekten mit Robin Smith und Phil Tom.

03.10.2022 13:43 Dr. Lothar Jahn ist offline E-Mail an Dr. Lothar Jahn senden Homepage von Dr. Lothar Jahn Beiträge von Dr. Lothar Jahn suchen Nehmen Sie Dr. Lothar Jahn in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Deutsches Mike Oldfield Forum » Mike Oldfields Welt » Mikes musikalisches Umfeld » The PSO