Deutsches Mike Oldfield Forum
 Chat Portal Zur Startseite Registrierung Kalender Mitgliederliste Teammitglieder Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen

Deutsches Mike Oldfield Forum » Archivierte Foren » Englische Beiträge » *Symbols and Lyrics* » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen *Symbols and Lyrics*  
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
VaNeSa PaRodi VaNeSa PaRodi ist weiblich
Hergest Ridge

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

*Symbols and Lyrics* Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Wow, wonderful Lion in Reading where Mike Oldfield was born!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Forbu...%2C_Reading.jpg

You know, lions are also a symbol of Christ.

In Christian tradition, the lion is often assumed to represent Jesus. Many Christian organizations and ministries use the lion of Judah as their emblem or even their name.
The phrase appears in the New Testament Book of Revelation 5:5; "And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof."
The use in C. S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia of a lion as a messianic figure is seen as a potential reference to this section of Revelation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_of_Judah

I recently discovered a photo where Mike is wearing a t-shirt that curiously has a LION on it fröhlich

*From the Ashes actually means a Phoenix, a symbol of RESURRECTION.

*Return to the Origin (listen to the "water sounds")

*Tr3s Lunas (The Eye of the Spirit is watching you fröhlich

*Viper (The Serpent, symbol of the "Mastermind"/ "God")

*Thou Art in Heaven (isn't that an old use or biblical pronoun? I think it's part of The Lord's Prayer, or Our Father)

I want to make clear that I'm not talking about religion, just "spiritual associations or connections" I find (in my opinion) in Mike and Mike's music.

Let there be Light lyrics

Apparently there is a mix of English and Latin. The woman says: "BURNING", "MELTING", "PEACE ONLY". And the man says (this is what "I can listen") "ANIMUS", "FULTUS", "SALUS".
The Latin words means: "COURAGE", "SUPPORTER", "SALVATION". Personally I would translate this message like: "Courage or have faith, God, is the salvation"

http://www.math.ubc.ca/~cass/frivs/latin...-dict-full.html

Hibernaculum Lyrics

I think is partly Latin. This is what I make of it:

First: Hibernaculum means wintertent, winterplace or winter "quarters". Must have something to do with events in the book. Anyone read it? (If you have the bonus video in the Songs of Distant Earth CD, you can actually see Mike in the spaceship's hibernaculum room)

Maybe the Magellan had to stay on Thalassa (Greek: sea) for winter. Magellan...also reminds me of Strait of Magellan, which is coincidently a "strait" in the sea (Thalassa) connecting South Atlantic and South Pacific Oceans. And guess what? It is here in Argentina!!! and Chile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strait_of_Magellan

Annalus comito
(Passivus) comito

Pleni sunt caeli The heaven is filled <--- this is a sentence from the original, Roman-Catholic 'Sanctus' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctus)
Et mundus vesperi And the earth (is filled) with evening/ in the evening

(Attribus) comito
Annalus comito

Annalus comito
Tacitus comito

Pleni sunt... etc.

Comitto means to "entrust".

Maybe something completely different is said. The 'annalus' I'm not quite certain about. It is very well possible that that part isn't suppose to mean anything.

The middle part (pleni sunt...) does mean something, though. That's the very same part that "Enigma" uses in their song:

PRISM OF LIFE

I am hunted by the future
Will the future be my past?
Or is time a fade out picture
Of my everlasting cast?

Love is phasing
Love is moving
To the rhythm of your sight
I get closer
To the crossing point of light

Sanctus, sanctus dominus deus sabaoth.
Pleni sunt caeli et terra gloria tua.
Hosanna in excelsis. benedictus...
(translation: Holy, holy, lord God of hosts. Heaven and earth are filled with thy glory. Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. Hosanna in the highest)

Let us try to live our lost illusions
Theyre the sun at night
If we dont well never taste
The spice of life

And when it seems that were in a dead end street
Theres no reason to cry
Cause we have a helping hand whos always aside

Forever light

AMOR,

Vanesa aka *Sirius*

IAO | O |

*§*ReSoLuTioN~ReVoLuTiOn~EvOLuTiOn*§*

¤MIKE OLDFIELD¤
24.12.2006 08:25 VaNeSa PaRodi ist offline Beiträge von VaNeSa PaRodi suchen Nehmen Sie VaNeSa PaRodi in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Deutsches Mike Oldfield Forum » Archivierte Foren » Englische Beiträge » *Symbols and Lyrics*