Deutsches Mike Oldfield Forum
 Chat Portal Zur Startseite Registrierung Kalender Mitgliederliste Teammitglieder Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen

Deutsches Mike Oldfield Forum » Archivierte Foren » Englische Beiträge » CD Previews Light and Shade [English] » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen CD Previews Light and Shade [English]  
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
oldfield_de oldfield_de ist männlich
www.oldfield.de

images/avatars/avatar-429.jpg

CD Preview Light and Shade "First Steps" Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

CD Preview Light and Shade Teil 3: "First Steps"
by Hendrik Schiwon hendrik@oldfield.de

First Steps [ TRACK 04 of Light 9:59]

First Steps is a collection of his different Tr3sLunas-Game-themes which he used in his game. It begins with a sentimental Variation. Shortly after a slightly modified repetition, this CD-track gets an unexpected, surprisingly positive “Upbeat” at Minute 2:30 which makes the piece more alive.
With a good “Bass-Line” and advanced improvisations it continues until Minute 5:30, when it gets more quiet, but not for a long time. With kettledrums, you are transferred to the Tr3sLunas-Island section, where in the game you will visit the dolphins and tortoises. Sadly very suddenly and rough, at Minute 6:55 until 7:48, the music changes to a lovely new guitar sequence combined with synthesizer parts. The slightly modified Islands section is continued after that section with a screaming guitar, as we know from the game, and together with a new undistorted one, they lead it’s way until the song fades away.

Mr. Oldfield did a very big favour for me. I am very glad that he published this game track together with “Ringscape” on an official Album.
Especially this theme always made me pause in the game. I remember that I stopped at the tree in the game every time I played it, to grab my guitar and to play it as good as I could. It is a catchy tune which I always have in my mind, like the Tubular Bell theme.
I have to say that always, when I start playing guitar, this is the first melody which comes out of my fingers!

29.08.2005 22:03 oldfield_de ist offline E-Mail an oldfield_de senden Homepage von oldfield_de Beiträge von oldfield_de suchen Nehmen Sie oldfield_de in Ihre Freundesliste auf
www.oldfield.de

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Rocky [ TRACK 7 of Light 3:17 ]
Preview by Hendrik Schiwon hendrik@oldfield.de

Rocky is again a pure Piano Piece like the song “Blackbird” and “Closer”, but this time without any spherical sounds and other adds.
A quiet, soft Harmony with chords and middle, mostly high tone Melodies, which again could lead you into another daydream. It lets you walk through Irish or Scottish landscapes with dizzy weather, as far as my imagination leads me.
As “Blackbird” and “Closer”, this Track is done without any guitar, changing tempo and stylistic changes which could easily destroy the mood of this Song.
Blackbird, Closer and Rocky are creating a kind of resting place, as they bring changes in mood between the faster tracks on this “Light”-Album, like a Sinus curve, which is a little stretched because of the track organization.

30.08.2005 14:06 oldfield_de ist offline E-Mail an oldfield_de senden Homepage von oldfield_de Beiträge von oldfield_de suchen Nehmen Sie oldfield_de in Ihre Freundesliste auf
www.oldfield.de

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Angelique [ Tack 01 of Light 4:40 ]

The first Track of the light Album begins with wonderful Piano Intro. The Drum tracks are developing slowly bit by bit and Mike’s acoustic guitar is followed soon after. This really sounds like a warm welcome, like a soft I am back again.
Shortly Mike´s assortment of virtual instruments gets loose and fulfil this piece to an even more complex song then any other of his Tr3sLunas tracks.
Each individual “Backing”-Track was created and arranged with passion, from the bass guitar to the piano pieces.
The Snares for example are substantially more vivid then several monotonous continuing Snare tracks that can be heard on several Tr3s Lunas´s Songs. Even the typical Tubular Bells-"organ" is used.
"Angelique" is spelled several times with a nice female slightly echoing voice, sometimes followed with a Chorus.
Mikes distorted guitar begins at approximately 2:48 minutes and lends the piece it’s typical Oldfield sound, followed from his initial guitar. The speed of the Songs remains, several times there are some quite Parts, in such way that it makes the Song further varied and it never gets boring.
A beautiful "Add" for me, maybe nothing outstanding for anyone else, is the ongoing falling tone sequence of the bassline at the end of the piece.
Somehow it’s giving me something special and I always discover my hand, or should I say fingers, to follow down each falling tone.

30.08.2005 14:08 oldfield_de ist offline E-Mail an oldfield_de senden Homepage von oldfield_de Beiträge von oldfield_de suchen Nehmen Sie oldfield_de in Ihre Freundesliste auf
www.oldfield.de

CD Preview Light and Shade : "Sunset"

Sunset [ TRACK 8 of Light 4:41 ]

Sunset once was, together with “Our Father”, a music track from the game “Maestro”, which those people could not listen to, who didn’t make it to the end of it, like myself (shame on me).

However, I had the chance to filter them out with a nice software program and this gives me the opportunity to compare it with the new version.

Sunset begins with a high Piano solo and you can point out some Vocaloid voices in the background. A pleasant and slow drum-track starts and is followed by Mr. Oldfields lovely played acoustic guitar.

The Bass-line sets in and several “Backing-Tracks” are decorating the song with spherical sounds, voices and a few short synthesizer parts with nice sound effects. At Minute 1:57, Mike changes his initial guitar with an undistorted electric guitar, which takes over the higher parts and lends "Sunset" the typical Mike Oldfield sound.

These “Backing-tracks” are stopped at Minute 3:15 and the Piano solo from the beginning starts again accompanied by an acousitic guitar.

After 35 seconds the known track-constallation together with the combination of the two previously played guitars leads the song to its end with some final Vocaliod voices.
This version of the former maestro song is considerably better arranged than the previous version. The tempo was reduced and his guitar melodies have more stylistic improvisation as well as single tones, which are often nicely bend and stretched.

31.08.2005 08:13 oldfield_de ist offline E-Mail an oldfield_de senden Homepage von oldfield_de Beiträge von oldfield_de suchen Nehmen Sie oldfield_de in Ihre Freundesliste auf
www.oldfield.de

Surfing [ TRACK 04 of Shade 5:37 ]

The Song Surfing is one of the slower pieces of this CD, which even contains Lyrics again. As in all of his Songs, he used his Vocaloid software again, but this time with a lot of perfection.
Mr. Oldfield used an overlay of approximately five voices which are a bit shifted in time and different in their heights, which leads to a mysterious and somewhat marvellous harmony.
Who thinks Surfing is related to beach sports, as I have read in several forums, will be bitterly disappointed.
It´s related to the Internet, as far as I could hear:
"Surfing, I'm surfing, I’m hooked and I am searching, like fallen right into the net.
Morning and evening I’m flying and dreaming, I can't keep it out of my head.".
The bass line is not importunate and has a pleasant speed. Although I haven’t heard any of his older albums for a long time, the voices and the height of them immediately reminds me of CRISES, best compared with the part: "The watcher into the Tower...".
After 3 minutes several Synthesizer melodies and effects start to play which sounds like some of Jean Michell Jarres´s Oxigene excerpts, but don’t nail me on that.
Shortly afterwards Mikes typical distorted, crying guitar appears.
After one minute and 20 seconds this insert ends and the Vocals continue until this song ends with Mike Oldfield´s guitar. It is a pleasure to hear many beautiful and marvellous sound effects during this Vocal song.

Immediately after my first listening, I fell in love with the song! For now it´s my absolute “Highlight” as well as Nightshade and Resolution, on which I will comment later to them.

This song should definitely be published as a single

31.08.2005 22:18 oldfield_de ist offline E-Mail an oldfield_de senden Homepage von oldfield_de Beiträge von oldfield_de suchen Nehmen Sie oldfield_de in Ihre Freundesliste auf
www.oldfield.de

Blackbird

Blackbird is a very, very nice piano piece. It’s similar with the song “The Thin Men” from Tr3sLunas. An outstanding Harmony. In the Background you can hear nice spherical sounds, which can tend you to have daydreams. I don’t know why Mike Oldfield gave this track the name of his motorbike, because on a fast machine like this, even in slow motion (I am also riding a motorbike ,slow, through nice landscapes, I don’t need those Adrenalin kicks), this beautiful track would never evolve in my head.

If I would compare, I would glide above a British coast like landscape when the weather is cloudy, looking down on everything beautiful and watching the small “Thin Men” on the ground. J
As written above you will listen only to a piano, except some spherical sounds. You won’t hear any guitar, which could destroy the mood, or better said, the whole track.

Somehow this piece always makes me pause and opens a look back to everything beautiful in my past, the same way as “The Thin Men” often did. This doesn’t happen very often and that means much to me!

31.08.2005 22:20 oldfield_de ist offline E-Mail an oldfield_de senden Homepage von oldfield_de Beiträge von oldfield_de suchen Nehmen Sie oldfield_de in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Deutsches Mike Oldfield Forum » Archivierte Foren » Englische Beiträge » CD Previews Light and Shade [English]